Thursday 12 March 2015

Ident pre production

The ident i will be making will be a horror themed ident for a self named company called Screaming House Productions. My ident will having a running time of 10 seconds and will be made on after effects. The target audience for my ident will be for 16-25 year olds, i think this is the main audience for horror films as 16 to 18 is the age you can legally go and see horror films in the cinema depending on the age certificate. My ident will appeal to them due to the nature and theme of the ident. My idea is to start out with the text coming in through shatter effect with tense music building up in the background. My idea for the shattering effect is to catch the eye of the audience while at the same time keeping the background and darker colour to fit in with the dark tone of horror movies. one the title are in the centre of the screen i will have creepy images fade in with a jump sound effect in the background, i will also have the font looking like dripping blood which will stand out against the dark background. At the end of my ident it will cut to black while still hearing the sound effect of a creepy laughter cutting out, i think this would be a good choice for the ending as it will leave the dark feeling with the audience before the film begins, Also i think my whole ident sells the idea that my production company is mainly horror films and is recognisable.

This is my mind map of ideas. This is a good way to get all my notes down and deice which idea is the best on to go for. I have two choices in mind. One is a horror ident with a dark feel to it to appeal to fans of the horror genre. My second idea was to create a ident for trenchers e.g. E4. 


This is my first mock up of what one of my ideas might look like. I've decided to put the text right in the centre of the screen so the name stands out to the audience. My idea for the name of the production was Scream house productions. The initially striked me as a horror sounding company and i checked that it wasn't currently in use by another production company. The titles will have blood dripping down from them to set the tone for the type of productions the company makes. Around the side of the titles i will have some images that are well known with the horror genre including a knife, a mask, and chainsaw etc.. I will also have a dark background to make the images and the text stands out. 
My second idea for a ident is to use live footage as well as effects to create a teen friendly ident which appeals to mainly 13-17 year olds. I will use a live clip of college and have the titles fly in from the side of the screen. I think the use of the green colouring makes the title stand out against the big picture of the college. 



This is my story board, explaining each step and what is happening

The final idea i choose was to do the horror ident. i will be creating all of it with motion graphics using no live footage. I will be using after effects to create the majority of the ident while using final cut towards the end to cut the best bits together. My idea is to start with a very dark background we then see my text fly in using the shattering effects. Tense music will start to build in the background the text will centre in the middle and a glitchy effect will make the text shake. Horror themed pictures will fade in round the edge of the text while creepy sound effects play over including a creepy laugh and the sound of a chainsaw. The screen will then cut to black while still hearing the laugh effect. 



No comments:

Post a Comment