Thursday 5 June 2014

Sound - Single Camera Drama

In Pauls Lesson we are learning about soundtrack and how and why sound is used in films. This is the worksheet we done but for my sound in my single camera drama.

We had to choose a couple of words to describe the tone of our sound for our film
Some of the words i chose were, Intense, creepy, dark.

The way my sound is going to help tell the story is to add the horror element to it, whenever the killer is seen or nearby I'm going to play tense music to make the scene more creepy. Also I'm going to use sound effects for when one of the characters gets stabbed to death, to make this scene more believable.

Nearly all of my sound apart from dialogue will be added in on a latter date because most of them are sound effects and i will need to add this in during post production. I will be recording my dialogue on the day using a RODE mic

Live sound : The only live sound i will have is the dialogue and sounds like foot steps, i want to record the other sounds at a later date as i want this sounds to be significant and i don't them i can make them effective if i record it on the day

ADR - ADR wont be necessary for my film as i am recording all my dialogue on the day, as i am filming in quite locations i should not have background noise disrupting my shoot.

Music - Most of the music i will be using in my film will be loud sudden music used for jump scares. I will also be using eerie music to some of my scenes where the killer is stalking the main characters to add tension.

Soundscapes -  I will be using a few soundscapes which i will be getting off of free sound.org, Im going to use this for my open scene to set the scene and add tension and affect to the film. I will also be using a tense sound effect every time the killer is near by. This is conventional for horror films, seen in films like Friday the 13th


No comments:

Post a Comment