Thursday 24 April 2014

My Roles

For the other 3 news show the other groups did in my class i had 3 very different jobs to do.

For the first group i was assigned to be Camera Operator, my role as camera operator means i am in charge of my camera and setting it up, this includes getting the camera out safely and connecting all the wires up, it all mean i have to make sure my camera is in the right position and showing a good shot, i only had one problem during this and that was when my camera feed was not showing in the control room, i fixed this quickly by just changing the wire as the one i had was broken.

For the 2nd Group i was a guest on the debate they had on the news show, this means while everyone is setting up and getting ready i had to read and learn my script i also had to rehearse with my partner who was on with me to make sure nothing went wrong during the live recording, i was also asked to dress smart for this occasion to make the show look more professional.

For the 3rd group i was assigned to sound mixer, this mean while the live recording was happen i had to drop the volume when the VTs were playing and put it back up again after. During the setting up period i also had to get all the mic's out and check if they were working through sound checks, also i had to connect all the headsets which are used so the Camera Operator and people in the Vision mixing room and talk to each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment